Search This Blog

Sunday 6 September 2015

50 day countdown begins!!!

 Me and my mum (and my hubby, dad and the girls too) are in the middle of planning our Walt Disney World Vacation. Only 50 days until we go! So this is a list of the things I am looking forward to the most....

1. Seeing the castle. It is hidden from view until you walk into the park, and it really takes your breath away. I can't wait to see the girls faces as they see it for the first time.


The castle in all it's glory.

2. Watching the shows. Especially Fantasmic (my Mums favourite) Click here to watch it.

3. Spending time together. I have so many happy memories of our holidays it is going to be really special to make new memories with my own family, and share it all with my mum and dad too!!!


Me and mum having a break from all the Disney fun.


4. Meeting the characters. As a child I always got so overwhelmed meeting my favourite characters (especially Pluto), and can't wait to share this with my two children. Daisy is really wanting to meet Daisy Duck, and Lily is excited to see Elsa! (But Pluto will always be my number one!!!)



Me and Pluto 2008.

5. Downtown Disney. (Or Disney Springs now?) I love all the shops and how it's themed so beautifully! My favourite was always the Christmas shop, it just feels so magical! I also LOVE the cook ware shop and hope to get some more things to top up my Disney themed kitchen



Mum and Tor ready to do some shopping.

6. Going to Animal Kingdom. My two girls love animals and visits to the farm, the zoo, etc, so this is sure to be a winner.

I always loved the entrance to Animal Kingdom.
 Also, the Animal Kingdom safari. I love animals, and this safari just takes your breath away! I really want to try to take some better photographs of the animals this time.



Just some of the animals we saw.
7. Riding the Dumbo ride! My favourite film and ride as a child. The film has become a firm favourite with Lily too, and I can't wait to see her on it!!!

Image result for dumbo ride wdw
Flying elephants are so cool.

8. The Mickey Mouse Ice Cream sandwich. I can't wait to get my girls one of these, and of course enjoy one myself!

Image result for wdw mickey ice cream
YUMMY!!!!

9. Pintrading for the first time. The girls are super excited about this too. We are going to buy some starter sets when we get there, I will be letting the girls choose which set they want, and then swap away. I think we will get some special pins from the things we enjoy most too.

Anyone want to swap???

10. Taking the girls to the water park. We all love swimming and water slides so this is going to be amazing for us!!! Lily wants to go on all the big slides, and Daisy wants to go on the lazy river with granny. Blizzard Beach will be closed when we go so we will be visiting Typhoon Lagoon (my favourite one!)


Image result for wdw typhoon lagoon
Splash!!!

2 comments:

  1. A great list, I am getting excited too not long to wait now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember when our holiday was 50 days away and now we have been home a month but are left with incredible memories, have a wonderful trip, the problem with Disney is you just want to keep going back x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us any comments, ideas and suggestions. Lucy x