We made a yummy treat fro our left over (slightly stale) hot cross buns. Hot cross bun cinnamon French toast. It was delicious, and Lily has been asking for more ever since. It was a hit with Daisy who tried to lick the plate.
The Recipe (Makes enough for 4)
2 Hot cross buns
2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tbsp. Sugar or Sweetener
A dash of Milk
Frylight (I love this stuff, stops things being too greasy)
Strawberries (To serve, but bananas are good too)
Ice-Cream (To serve)
- Beat the eggs, cinnamon, milk and sugar in a large shallow bowl.
- Cut the hot cross buns in half and dip them into the egg mixture.
- Warm up the frying pan and spray with frylight.
- Fry the hot cross buns until golden
- Serve warm with the strawberries and ice-cream.
Give them a try, they were really good!
Any other tips for using up hot cross buns after Easter??